Sunday, March 31, 2013

Whatever You're Doing...

"Whatever you're doing inside of me/ It feels like chaos but somehow theres peace/ It's hard to surrender to what I can't see/ But I'm giving in to something heavenly."

        These words right here are powerful, and certainly not easy to live out. But they are full of meaning, of purpose, and of joy. Yes, often times we find ourselves asking God "Why?" Why would He want us to go through hard times? Why would He want us to suffer? He only wants what is best for us right? And how could that possible be the best thing for us? These are questions that I know personally I have asked many, many times. When we go through hard times, we usually can only focus on the 'here and now.' We don't want to think of what the future holds. But every single time we go through a hard time, it is for our benefit. Have you gone through a single period of darkness and not come out a stronger person? Most likely not. God uses our hard times to show us that He is our Rock, and our strength, and in Him we find hope. He is our hope for the future. He uses those times to draw us closer to Him and use us for His glory. 
        Sometimes when God is working in us, we feel complete chaos. We don't know why things are the way they are, and we try to make them better. We do everything in our power to create a peaceful feeling. But the real peace comes from Christ our Savior. We have peace because we don't have to worry about what the future holds. 
        Surrendering is probably one of the hardest things to do, at least it is for me. Its even hard to just go to someone and say "Hey look, I was wrong, you were right." Surrendering almost suggests defeat, like we gave up. But surrendering is such an important element in our walk with Christ. We have to be able to surrender our plans and our purposes, in order for Him to work through us. And I will be the first to admit, I am horrible at surrendering to God. Because there is part of me that really wants something to go a certain way, but until I completely surrender the situation to Christ, I don't leave Him room to work. Surrendering is especially hard when we can't see what's coming. We want to protect ourselves, and its hard to give something completely up. As many of you know, my family made a military move from Virginia to California this past summer. This was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. I had to leave all of my friends, my church, and the place that seemed the most like home to me. And I will admit, I was very upset. I was upset that I had to leave, I was upset that God would let something like that happen. These feelings stayed with me up until we had lived here in California for a couple of months. I held on to that emotion, almost anger, until one day I realized that things weren't going to change and I needed to surrender my current situation to God and let Him work things out. And that's what I did, and now I look at all the completely amazing things that have happened to me, and I'm just in awe! I look at the experiences I've had, and all the amazing people I've met here on base, and through NCFCA here on the West coast. 
        Friends, some of you might be going through a period of darkness. It might seem like hope is gone, like 'your life is over.' But God has something in store for you, something amazing, something heavenly. He is right there walking beside you every step of the way, He is holding your hand. So lean on Him, cling to the hope He offers, and look forward to a bright future. 

In Him who's always faithful, 
Rikki 



No comments:

Post a Comment