Older brothers...the majority of my friends who have older brothers, or even brothers in general, absolutely hate them. Girls, I have something to ask you: how on earth is it even possible to hate your big brothers? My brothers, yes my "big brothers" are honestly some of the best friends I have. They are always there to keep me humble, and to build me up, and yes, to tease me about my height! Having big brothers has been so amazing for me and I honestly cannot imagine my life without them! NCFCA has brought us even closer together. Those long talks after tournaments discussing everything that happened, good and bad. Traveling across country, having the airplane delayed, having crazy things happen in our hotel...so many amazing memories with those two boys! I just can't even explain how amazing it's been having big brothers. Even living here in the desert, I have gotten so much closer with them. Going out to movies, or off to the drive in, or out to youth events...God is so good to have blessed me with such great brothers!!! We have spent so many amazing, and yes most of the time crazy, moments together!
Little brother...can I just say I love that kid? Most of you probably know Jesse, and you know how stinking adorable he is! Yes, I must admit he does have his annoying moments, but those all go right out the window when he looks me in the eye and says "I love you, Rikki!" It's so amazing how much little things matter to little kids. Setting aside my worries and 'to do's' for just 30 minutes and sitting in the floor playing Legos or Hot Wheels, just means the world to him! It is so special to have a little brother, someone who wants you to play football out in the yard, or take a bike ride, or make up a secret handshake, someone who always wants you to play with them, and someone who can always make you smile.
Little sister...as much as I love all three of my amazing brothers, I have to say that I love having a sister. To be honest with you, my sister and I have very different personalities, which sometimes makes it harder for us to get along, and yes, we have our moments, but I cannot imagine not having that sweet girl in my life! She is like a friend who is always there for me, she always puts up with me when I am moody, or annoying, or just plain mean. She always listens to me when I am upset, or frustrated, or just need someone to talk to. I have had many, many wonderful, crazy, hilarious moments with her! Like singing Taylor Swift as loud as we can, and dancing in the middle of the street while walking home from a babysitting job (yeah...don't ask xD). She is always there to laugh with me...and take goofy pictures! I love my sister to death and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with her!
I kind of think that I would die if I were an only child (no offense to those of you who are)! After having a big family, with lots of personalities, being an only child seem just plain boring. Now, there are those days when I wish I was an only child, and my house was always quiet, but then I think of all the outstanding things I have been able to do, and all of the wonderful memories I have shared with my siblings. Being in the military, I move away from friends all the time, but my siblings are like friends that get to come with me everywhere! You can call me weird, you can call me "homeschooled," you can call me whatever you want! But I can honestly tell you that my siblings are some of the best friends I have, and always with have.
In Him who's always faithful,
Rikki

I LOVE having 4 older brothers. So I don't fit in the "majority." just had to say. ;) Nice post, Rikki!
ReplyDelete