Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Friends

        What a blessing it is to have so many amazing friends! Being in the military, I have moved all over the country which of course means that I have friends scattered about the United States! I have also made many friends through NCFCA being that 'unsocialized' homeschooler that I am... ;)  Some of my friends I have known since I was 6, some I have known for a couple years, some I have known only for a couple months. But overall, the Lord has brought some of the most amazing people into my life. 
         Because I am a military kid my 'home' changes every 2-3 years...but I would have to say that Virginia is definitely the place that feels the most like home to me.  That is where my church is, that is where the majority of my friends are, and that is where my real 'home' is at heart.  The people at my church there are honestly some of the most amazing people I have ever encountered.  The pastor, the teachers, the friends...I am just lost for words when it comes to describing them.  That is where I have met some of the most outstanding people I know today. This past spring I went on a missions trip with some of these people.  That was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.  It was outstanding to be able to serve others, but it was even better to be serving alongside the friends that I hold so close to my heart. 
          NCFCA...need I say any more? The Lord has been so gracious to let me be a part of this amazing Christian speech and debate league.  I have made countless friendships with people that I will always remember.  These people have had a profound impact on my life, these people have helped me grow to be a better communicator, and these people have helped me grow closer with God.  These people have influenced me in a way that I can't describe.  NCFCA has been one of the biggest blessings in my life.  Some of these people are more of acquaintances, but some of these people are people that really will be friends for life.  
 

         This indeed is very true!  It can be hard to find good friends sometimes, the kind of friends that you want to be influencing you, the kind of friends that you want to have forever! But once you have those friends it is extremely hard to leave them.  This summer when my family moved to California, I had to leave behind the most amazing friends.  It was one of the hardest things that I have ever done.  And even though it wasn't my choice, it was what the Lord had planned for my family.  But He had even greater plans, because now, I am even closer with some of those friends, closer than I ever imagined I could be.  And those friends really are impossible to forget! 
         Friends, thank you so much for everything that you have done for me, your friendship is priceless and I thank the Lord every day for all of the wonderful people He has brought into my life. 

               "A friend loves at all times..." ~Proverbs 17:17 
In His grace, 
Rikki 



No comments:

Post a Comment